Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Philippians 4:8
We all make choices in life. We choose every day when we will get up; what we wear; who we will associate with.
Some things we don’t necessarily choose are various thoughts that we think, BUT we DO choose what to do with those thoughts. We also choose what we watch or read that may contribute to those thoughts.
If you want to transform your thinking, here are 7 things you can do:
1. Choose to read uplifting books, magazines, posts and/or topics.
2. Choose to watch clean entertainment.
3. Choose to be with people who encourage you and others.
4. Spend time in the Bible.
5. Pray, asking God to guide you in the above choices.
6. Practice only saying positive and encouraging things to others.
7. Focus on the Truth – Jesus.
We can consciously choose so much of what we give our minds access. Paul cuts to the chase when he tells us to think on what’s true, honorable, just, pure, lovely, commendable and excellent.
This is not “Pollyanna” thinking. We all know bad things happen. We all know that sometimes we are surprised by something we see or hear. But the things we choose to mull over and meditate on are definitely of our choosing. So, if and only if, it’s worthy of praise, thing on these things!