My birthday was in January and I had to go have my driver’s license renewed. The young lady that assisted me had this sheet of paper taped to her cubicle with the following “7 Rules of Life”:
1. Make peace with your past so it won’t disturb your future.
2. What other people think of you is none of your business.
3. The only person in charge of your happiness is you.
4. Don’t compare your life to others. Comparison is the thief of joy.
5. Time heals almost everything. Give it time.
6. STOP thinking so much. It’s alright not to know all the answers.
7. SMILE… You don’t own all the problems in the world.
I don’t know to whom credit belongs for this, but I thought these were pretty good reminders.
A great Christian example, Paul the apostle, said
If we are going to live pressing on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus, we must:
1. Make peace with our past. Jesus redeemed it.
2. Stop worrying about what others think. Jesus is the only ONE that matters.
3. Choose joy in Christ.
4. Stop comparing ourselves to others. Jesus is Who we are to imitate.
5. Allow Jesus to heal us. It may take time.
6. Rest in the fact we don’t have to know everything. Jesus does.
7. Smile. You are not in control. Jesus is.
I hope it encourages you to press on!