Step Three - Service
Depending on “where you are” in life, will depend on what you choose to do. Notice, I did not say what you can do. Life is all about choices. You are not too young to serve our Lord nor is there a retirement option in scripture. So wherever you are in life, choose how you will serve Christ. Of course, you should ask Him first. Believe me, He will reveal Himself to you when you ask!
Here are a few ideas:
1. Call those who have been absent in your Sunday school class. Check on them and let them know they are missed.
2. Write to people who need encouragement.
3. Visit people who need encouragement: shut-ins, the sick, those in nursing homes, etc.
4. Share the gospel with someone every day or every week.
5. Help someone you see struggling: offer to babysit (for free), clean their house, help in the yard, etc.
6. Talk to visitors at Church to make them feel welcome.
7. Ask around and see if there is a need for a ministry at Church: serve in the nursery, learn to help in the multimedia, join the choir, etc.
8. Invite a friend(s) to come to Church with you. Be a friend to someone.
9. Make a card or gift item for someone hurting. Give it “just because you care”.
10. Pray daily asking the Holy Spirit to show you a need that you can fill that day. Hang on, ‘cause He will!
Commit to doing something for the kingdom! YOU CAN!!
“Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary.” Galatians 6:9
Blessings to you on your journey.